Development Assistant - Houston, Texas
Posted July 18, 2018
The Caydon Difference
Caydon USA is the US division of Caydon Property Group, a leading Australian-owned property developer. Caydon is driven by a passion to deliver places that set new standards in lifestyle offerings. Caydon cares about the longevity of our projects and aims to enrich and inspire those who live in and around our communities. With an established 16 year presence in the Australian market; Caydon has operated the US division for 2 years and now has a pipeline of projects across the US. Current cities of operation include Houston and Seattle.
About The Role
Caydon USA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Development Assistant to facilitate the execution and growth of Caydon’s development goals. This role will report directly to a Development Manager within the development team. The Development Assistant will be responsible for assisting the development team through the Due-Diligence, Design, Construction and Activation phases of the development.
The role will be based in Houston, Texas with limited travel requirements.
Development Assistant Personal Characteristics
- Flexible and willing to learn Caydon’s development processes and procedures
- Assertive and efficient while communicating expectations
- Self-motivated and driven to complete tasks without being given step-by-step instruction
- Persistent and inquisitive while learning development concepts
- Professional degree in a related field (real estate/construction management)
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in multifamily, apartment and/or condo construction or design management.
- Thorough understanding of the design and construction process for high density residential development
- Understanding of industry standard design and construction agreements
Competitive base salary with benefits
Duties & Expectations of Development Assistant
- Organize, attend, and document internal and external design meetings, construction meetings, sales & marketing meetings, milestone document reviews, development team meetings, etc.
- Assist in the Requests for Proposal (RFP) process for the selection of various roles (design, construction, consultant, etc.) for the development.
- Assist in the creation, issuance, communication, and execution of various agreements.
- Collect, organize, and manage the collation and filing of internal and external development documents.
- Assist the Development Team with internal and external reporting across multiple projects.
- Possess and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how buildings are designed and constructed while being able to assist in management of the design and construction process.
- Conduct research into local entitlement, building code, and other requirements/processes for various geographic regions/cities throughout the US.
- Assist in tracking the progress of multiple 3rd party entities against the project development schedule.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Market Research Analyst - Houston, Texas
Posted July 18, 2018
The Caydon Difference
Caydon USA is the US division of Caydon Property Group, a leading Australian-owned property developer. Caydon is driven by a passion to deliver places that set new standards in lifestyle offerings. Caydon cares about the longevity of our projects and aims to enrich and inspire those who live in and around our communities. With an established 16 year presence in the Australian market; Caydon has operated the US division for 2 years and has a pipeline of projects across the US.
About The Role
Caydon is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Market Research Analyst to investigate and monitor economic and demographic data as it relates to the real estate industry. This role will report directly to the USA Chief Operations Officer while working closely with Caydon’s USA based Development team. The Market Research Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and presentation of pertinent data to assist Caydon with the selection of real estate developments.
The role will be based in Houston, Texas with no travel required.
Market Research Analyst Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about telling stories through data
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, while able to execute multiple tasks
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment with fast paced teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, and/or Statistics required.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Applied Demographics or related field preferred
Works Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, finance, or similar industry
- Demonstrable analytic capabilities, including strong modeling skills
- Experienced with: R, Python, Tableau, Esri, etc.
Competitive base salary
Health, Vision, & Dental benefits
401K program w/ company match
Paid Time Off
- Capable of using their knowledge of economic, demographic, and human factors along with predictive analytics to identify and forecast trends in the real estate industry.
- Capable of diving deep into state/MSA/city data sources to gather data related to real estate transactions, trends, etc.
- Study and analyze historical data related to the real estate industry in order to create lists of characteristics, identify historical trends, etc.
- Highly capable of articulating findings through various presentation methods (written, spoken, group presentation, etc.) in order to assist with Caydon’s decision making process.
- Capable of sourcing/locating data sources related to the real estate industry
- Able to create models (predictive and historical) to rank geographic regions/MSA/cities/neighborhoods, etc. based on macroeconomic, microeconomic, and demographic data.
- Support the Research & Acquisitions team by managing information, tracking inflow of investment opportunities, and providing comparative analysis.
- Capable of creating a real estate industry hypothesis, testing it, and reporting on the findings.