Posted 15 November 2019
Caydon is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented Accountant to assist the Director of Accounting and Finance with all tasks related to the financial health of Caydon USA. This role will be responsible for assisting with all tasks related to the monthly accounting cycle including overseeing accounts payables/receivables, preparing project related financial reporting, recording general ledger entries and other accounting tasks as required. This position will report directly to the Director of Accounting and Finance.
As part of our hiring process, we ask candidates to set aside 5-10 uninterrupted minutes to complete a Predictive Index® Behavioural Assessment. This assessment does not measure intelligence, education, or experience. It simply measures work and communication needs. Any submissions or responses to this position will not be considered complete until this assessment has been completed.
Please click on this link to begin the assessment: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/Rj88k
The role will be based in Houston, Texas with limited travel requirements.
ACCOUNTANT PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
-Internally driven to be extremely accurate
-Achieve goals consistently and efficiently
-Work thoroughly, leaving nothing to chance
-Possess a team-player attitude willing to assist as needed
EXPECTATIONS OF ACCOUNTANT
-Ensure accurate coding, approval and entry of all payables, receivables and expense statements. Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve issues as necessary.
-Independently manage monthly audit of General Contractor construction draw requests and lien release tracking.
-Assist with construction loan draw-down requirements and reporting required by financial lenders.
-Assist with project completion cost forecasting and job cost commitment management.
-Assist with the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and the monthly close process.
-Assist in the creation and presentation of reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
-Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Enforce billing guidelines and invoice requirements.
-Receive instructions, create a work plan, execute requirements, and meet deadlines without constant oversight.
-Prioritize multiple activities in a manner to best meet company expectations/goals.
-Embrace change and iterative innovation on all projects, activities, processes, etc.
-Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers.
-Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1+ year(s) experience in the real estate industry preferred
-Competitive base salary
-Employee Incentive / Bonus program
-Employer subsidized Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits
-401K Program w/ employer match
-Paid time off
-Flexible work schedules
-Employee discount on apartments
Posted 1 October 2019
Caydon is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Financial Analyst to oversee and facilitate underwriting, forecasting, analysis, and ad-hoc reporting of Caydon’s financial activities, development activities, and acquisition activities. This role will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer while working closely with the remainder of the Development team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible to facilitate the investigation, modeling, forecasting, analysis, and reporting of all financial activities of the US Division. The duties of this position require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
As part of our hiring process, we ask candidates to set aside 5-10 uninterrupted minutes to complete a Predictive Index® Behavioral Assessment. This assessment does not measure intelligence, education, or experience. It simply measures work and communication needs. Any submissions or responses to this position will not be considered complete until this assessment has been completed.
Please click on this link to begin the assessment: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/5xmdJ
The role will be based in Houston, Texas with very little travel required.
FINANCIAL ANALYST PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Highly detail-oriented, analytical, and organized
- Occasionally accused of being an Excel Wizard
- Direct approach to communications with stakeholders; internal and external
- Ability to work on a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys solving financial, mathematical, or economical puzzles with multiple variables
EXPECTATIONS OF FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Responsible for the creation, management, updating, and presentation of all underwritings for multiple product types including: Multi-Family, Condo, Hotel, Retail, and Mixed-Use.
- Conduct financial analysis in conjunction with activities such as: acquisitions, dispositions, re-financing, construction loans, fund raising, and general capital markets involvement.
- Skillful with modeling and analyzing all terms and financial impacts of various documents, including but not limited to: contracts, term sheets, letters of intent, proposed return structures, etc.
- Capable of presenting and defending all data, findings, outcomes, models, assumptions, etc. to internal stakeholders.
- Talented with comparative analysis of what-if scenarios involving multiple options/variables to show an outcome of the best option/selection within a given criteria.
- Able to understand, model, and analyze the interconnectivity of key financial terms and concepts.
- Responsible for maintaining a detailed tracking log regarding all conversations, details, outcomes, points of contact, etc. for various potential lenders.
- Capable of providing appropriate financial reports to external stakeholders with minimal direction from internal stakeholders.
- Complete understanding of, and ability to model, concepts including, but not limited to: NPV, LTC, LTV, DCF, Cap Rates, Debt Yield, Sensitivity Analysis, etc.
- Support the development team in operational and daily business matters.
- Track upcoming financial meetings, calls, etc. and ensure proper presentation materials and supporting documentation are prepared in advance.
- Liaise with internal team members to collect data for use in various models, analysis, reports, etc.
- Participate in the creation of financial and operational reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Gather market and submarket data from Axiometrics and other sources and understand what story the data is telling.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting requests, research, etc. as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related field is a plus
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
2+ years of similar work experience in the financial services or real estate industry
- Competitive base salary with bonus program
- Health, Vision, & Dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K program w/ company match
- Employee housing discount